Renewal and enrichment await you at Wiawaka Center for Women. Wiawaka is a vacation and retreat center that offers women an affordable, all-inclusive stay on Lake George, retreats, special programs, and more. Season and day passes are available.
Take a Break & Escape to Lake George at Wiawaka
Located in Lake George, NY, Wiawaka Center for Women is a 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to enriching the lives of women through unique and relevant programming at a natural and peaceful setting. Recognized as the oldest continuously operating women’s retreat center in the country, Wiawaka welcomes women who would like to stay in Lake George and become refreshed and renewed.
During their season (typically from mid-June to end of August/Labor Day), the organization offers day visits, overnight accommodations, special events, workshops, retreats, and programs. In their “shoulder” season, they host weddings, family reunions, and private retreats. Full details about upcoming retreats and programs are available on their website.
Learn About Their Top-Notch Accommodations
A stay at Wiawaka is a respite from the hectic pace of life. The property features five buildings that can house up to 54 people, including quaint Victorian cottages and an impressive Adirondack style lodge. The rooms have either one or two twin beds, a fan, and all houses have shared bathrooms & common areas, along with other amenities (linens and towels provided, no phones or TVs).
Your overnight fee includes dinner on the day of your arrival through breakfast on the day of your departure. You are welcome to dine at Wiawaka before check-in or after check-out for an additional charge.
Guests can enjoy the following and more at Wiawaka:
- The historic buildings and beautiful grounds featuring gardens, hiking trails, a labyrinth, and breathtaking views of Lake George
- Use of the beach and lakeside dock
- Workshops and activities offered during your stay, including yoga, writing workshops, historical lectures, musical performances, and other programs
- The ability to walk into the village of Lake George (1 mile)
- All buildings offer lake views and generous screened-in porches with plenty of rocking chairs - perfect for your morning coffee and reading
Wiawaka strives to keep their rates affordable, but financial assistance for women in need is available. Donations are also accepted.