There’s lots to report in and near Lake George this week! Check out upcoming events, get the details on the new Visitor Center in Lake George Battlefield Park, and find out what commercial property is now for sale, along with its island.
Much More Than Americade Is Happening This Weekend
Here’s what’s coming up around Lake George, this weekend and beyond:
- Double H Ranch’s Hit the Links at The Sagamore: June 9
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral at The Shirt Factory: June 9 (and other dates)
- Americade Fireworks Cruise: June 10
- Queensbury Country Club Golf Tournament for Queensbury Senior Citizens: June 10
- Americade – Ride for Kids Charity Ride: June 11
- Chicken Barbecue at the Lake George American Legion: June 11
- Americade: through June 11
- Americade 50/50 Fundraiser for Lake George Rotary Club: through June 11
- Warrensburg Bike Rally: through June 12
- Lake George Spring Restaurant Week: June 12 – 18
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – The Chinese Lady: June 15 – 19
See the full events calendar >>
Business News & More to Know Around Lake George
The Lake George Visitor Center is Now Open Through the End of June
If you haven’t yet, make sure to stop by the Lake George Visitor Center in Battlefield Park, open 10am to 4pm, Friday through Sunday, through June 30. They have great exhibits and artifacts to check out, plus, the Lake George Battlefield Park Alliance is giving one-hour guided tours of the park on Saturdays through October 8.
A Mysterious TV Show is Being Filmed in Lake George
According to a recent Lake George Steamboat Company Facebook post, the company was out on the lake filming the intro scene to a “very interesting, nation-wide television show” that is set to air in September. They’re mum on what show it is, but we’ll be sure to keep an eye out for further announcements!
Americaders: Parking Permits Are Available Through Saturday
The Lake George Examiner posted on Facebook on Tuesday that parking permits are available for pickup on Beach Road through Saturday for $15. Permits allow you to park in any Village parking spot.
Canoe Island Lodge & Island for Sale
Foothills Business Daily reports that the 30-acre Canoe Island Lodge, located on the shore of Lake George in Diamond Point, is up for sale along with the island itself. The resort is priced at $9 million, and the island at $2.9 million. The resort property consists of several buildings along with over 470 feet of shoreline, a beach, and a pavilion. The island is just west of Long Island.
Private Businesses Negatively Impacted by Pandemic Can Apply for Aid
We previously reported on the Dome in Queensbury receiving $200,000 via the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Other local, privately owned businesses are encouraged to apply for aid, according to the Lake George Mirror. Warren County in total has been awarded $12.4 million to allocate to these businesses in need, $1 million of which is earmarked for relief of private businesses.
You can find contact info to get more details here: https://warrencountyny.gov/bos
Discover things to do outdoors in Lake George >>
- Foothills Business Daily: Canoe Island and Lodge for sale. Purple Line begins. ADK Park gets little from state.
- Lake George Mirror: County Has $1 Million to Distribute to COVID Impacted Businesses