Discover Bolton Landing
Bolton Landing, NY is a charming area located in the Adirondacks along the western shore of Lake George. The region is full of natural beauty and four seasons of fun, from lake activities to hiking and more!
Where to Go
Because of its prime location and quiet community, Bolton Landing is home to a wide array of upscale neighborhoods, luxury accommodations, and fine dining venues. Bolton Landing real estate is a hot commodity, and tourists frequent the town, making it a popular vacation destination as well.
Where to Park
Bolton Landing provides free parking year-round. Be aware that on-the-street parking has a two hour limit that is enforced. If you would like to stay longer than two hours, there are two public parking lots right in the heart of the shopping district that offer free, all-day parking. Please note, there is no overnight parking or overnight docking.
What to Do
Bolton Landing allows easy access to Lake George for an array of activities. On a sunny afternoon, head to one of the two public beaches for swimming. Rent a boat from Chic's Marina, F.R. Smith & Sons, Bolton Boat Rentals, or Captain Bob's Pontoon Boat Rentals. See the sights and enjoy an afternoon swimming and waterskiing on the lake. Enjoy some of the best fishing around - the lake offers some of the best land-locked salmon and lake trout in the Northeast. Go golfing at one of the many courses around, including the Sagamore Golf Course designed by Donald Ross in 1928, offering spectacular views of the mountains and lake.
On a crisp autumn weekend, a hike up Cat Mountain might be just what the doctor ordered. Or, enjoy the popular 25 mile Tongue Mountain trail system. The views from the summit are incredibly rewarding! Find more hiking tips and trails here.
Below are a few of our favorite activities and adventures you must try on your next trip to the region:
- Go shopping! There are many unique, one-of-a-kind shops in the town of Bolton, perfect for spending an afternoon shopping from boutique to boutique!
- Take a chartered cruise! There's nothing like floating among the mountains on a crystal lake.
- Experience an extreme adventure! Great for adults and kids of all ages, have fun while you zip, swing, balance and climb to overcome challenging courses. There's nothing else like it around, and it's only in Bolton Landing.
- Discover butterflies! Take the kids to marvel and explore a hands-on Adirondack butterfly farm that you'll find only in Bolton Landing.
- Rent a powerboat! Experience a thrilling ride as you zoom around the lake, exploring, fishing, sunbathing or doing whatever your heart desires.
- Learn to kayak! It's a great way to get back to nature and relax.
- Love horses? Visit the nearby riding stables and hoof it around the Adirondacks.
Add some excitement to those sleepy winter days by blazing through winding trails on a snowmobile or skiing down the snowy slopes of the Adirondacks. Go cross country skiing or snowshoeing along groomed ski trails in the Bolton Landing region. You can even enjoy ice fishing, or attend a major ice fishing tournament here!
No matter the season, Bolton Landing offers a wealth of activity and provides some of the most stunning scenery in the region. Don't forget, Bolton is just minutes from popular attractions including Six Flags Great Escape, steamboat cruises, parasailing and more. Come enjoy the beauty of Bolton Landing!