2021 Lake George Polar Plunge
About Polar Plunge
Every year, hundreds gather on the frosty shores of Lake George for a daring New Year's Day swim, known as the Polar Plunge. On January 1, 2020, that tradition continues at Shepard Park Beach where about 1,000 participants are expected to take part in the Lake George Polar Plunge.
Stay tuned for 2021 details as they become available!
- Pack a towel and water shoes.
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes.
- Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes!) for after the Plunge.
- For your own safety, never dive into the water.
- Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and somewhere to store your dry clothes.
- Bring along a disposable, waterproof camera.
- Have fun!