The information you are viewing for this event is from Sunday, Jan 1, 2023.
Please check back for updates.
2023 New Year's Day Lake George Polar Plunge
When and where
Date and time
About this event
Get the details for the New Year's Day Polar Plunge 2023!
2023 Polar Plunge
Signup starts on New Year's Eve from 11am to 5pm, then again on New Year's Day starting at 10:30am at Duffy's Tavern. Sign up is $10, which benefits the Springfield Shriner's Hospital and Lake George Volunteer Fire Department. A long-sleeve Polar Plunge shirt will be available for $10.
Waves of 400 people at a time will swim, with the first plunge going in at 1pm, the second plunge at 1:15pm, and the third plunge at 1:30pm.
Be sure to stop by Duffy's Tavern between 2pm and 6pm to enjoy live music from Dirt Cheap and to celebrate 2023!
For more info: 518.668.5323 or 518.361.2559.
About Polar Plunge
Hundreds gather on the frosty shores of Lake George for a daring New Year's Day swim, known as the Polar Plunge. Typically, about 1,000 participants take part.
- Pack a towel and water shoes.
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes.
- Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes!) for after the Plunge.
- For your own safety, never dive into the water.
- Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and somewhere to store your dry clothes.
- Bring along a disposable, waterproof camera.
- Have fun!
Event times and information subject to change and not guaranteed.