The information you are viewing for this event is from Saturday, Jan 1, 2022.
Please check back for updates.
CANCELLED: 2022 New Year's Day Lake George Polar Plunge
Please note, this event has been cancelled for 2022 due to the increase of COVID cases in the area.
About Polar Plunge
Every year, hundreds gather on the frosty shores of Lake George for a daring New Year's Day swim, known as the Polar Plunge. Typically, about 1,000 participants take part.
- Pack a towel and water shoes.
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes.
- Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes!) for after the Plunge.
- For your own safety, never dive into the water.
- Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and somewhere to store your dry clothes.
- Bring along a disposable, waterproof camera.
- Have fun!