The information you are viewing for this event is from Tuesday, Jan 1, 2019.
Please check back for updates.
2019 Lake George Polar Plunge
About Polar Plunge
Every year, hundreds gather on the frosty shores of Lake George for a daring New Year's Day swim, known as the Polar Plunge. On January 1, 2019, that tradition continues at Shepard Park Beach where about 1,000 participants are expected to take part in the Lake George Polar Plunge.
Sign up starts on New Year's Eve from 11am to 5pm, then again on New Year's Day starting at 10am at Duffy's Tavern.
Sign up is $10 which is benefiting the Springfield Shriners Hospital's Acute Pediatric Rehabilitation Program and local fire department.
Long-sleeve Polar Plunge shirts will be available for $10.
Details for Plunge & Party
Waves of 400 people at a time will go into the lake.
1pm: First Plunge (1 to 400)
1:15pm: Second Plunge (401 - 800)
1:30pm: Third Plunge
The New Year's Day Polar Plunge Party will take place at Duffy's Tavern from 1pm to 5pm with the band Spoiler. Enjoy drink specials!
- Pack a towel and water shoes.
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes.
- Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes!) for after the Plunge.
- For your own safety, never dive into the water.
- Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and somewhere to store your dry clothes.
- Bring along a disposable, waterproof camera.
- Have fun!