2018 Lake George Polar Plunge
Every year, hundreds gather on the frosty shores of Lake George for a daring New Years Day swim, known as the Polar Plunge. On January 1, 2018, that tradition continues at Shepard Park Beach where about 1,000 participants are expected to take part in the Lake George Polar Plunge.
Registration for the 2018 Lake George Polar Plunge takes place at 10:30am on the morning of the plunge at Duffy's Tavern on Amherst Street in Lake George Village. You can pre-register from 11:00am-5:00pm on December 31st at Duffy's Tavern as well.
For 2018, registration for the Polar Plunge will cost $10 per person. Funds raised will be donated to the local fire departments involved in securing the event, as well as the Springfield Shriners Hospitals For Children. A long sleeve 2018 Polar Plunge shirt will be for sale for $10 each.
The first 400 participants will plunge into the icy waters of Lake George starting at 1:15pm. The other waves of plungers will follow. After the plunge is over, there will be a party at Duffy's Tavern featuring live music with the band Dirt Cheap.
- Pack a towel and water shoes
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes
- Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes!) for after the Plunge
- For your own safety, never dive into the water
- Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and somewhere to store your dry clothes
- Bring along a disposable, waterproof camera
- Have fun!