Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 1 pound(s) russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- Toss the potatoes, onions, salt, pepper, nutmeg, flour, and egg together in a large bowl.
- Heat 3/4 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop 3 tablespoons of the potato mixture (1 per pancake) into the pan.
- Flatten each pancake with a nonstick spatula. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until pancakes are golden brown - about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat, using all the batter and adding additional oil as needed. Serve warm.
« Back To The Top Recipes Page
« More From The Lake George Holiday Guide