Warren County Ice Fishing Challenge
About the Ice Fishing Tournament
Ice fishing tournaments around the Northeast are being shelved this winter because of the pandemic, but anglers who take to the frozen waters in the Lake George area in February can still take home some prizes.
Warren County Tourism Department and Lake George Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau have teamed to create the “Warren County Ice Fishing Challenge” to help fill the void. And you can take home a cool t-shirt just for showing them what you caught.
For the month of February, they're inviting anglers to share their ice-fishing catch on Instagram. The first 100 anglers to do so will receive a free Ice Fishing Challenge T-shirt. In addition, The Crossroads store in Chestertown has donated a $50 gift card as a prize that will be awarded at the end of the tournament to one randomly selected entrant.
Rules of the Challenge
- Fish must be caught in Warren County
- Fish must be caught between February 1-28, 2021
- Must post picture of angler + catch on Instagram and hashtag #mylgarea and tag @lakegeorgearea
- If you do not have an Instagram account, please send your picture to WarrenCountyIceFishingChallenge@gmail.com
- Instagram profile must be public
- First 100 posts receive a free t-shirt
- One randomly selected entrant will receive a $50 gift card to The Crossroads (everyone who enters the challenge is elligible for the prize drawing)
- Enter as many photos as you’d like, but only one t-shirt will be given per person.
- Shirts are awarded to photographers in the order in which they are received.
So head out to any of our great (and some underrated!) waters like Brant Lake, Schroon Lake, Glen Lake, Garnet Lake, and the renowned king of our lakes, Lake George, when ice cover sets in.
For more information, including a neat map of public lake fishing access spots, visit the Warren County Ice Fishing Challenge at visitlakegeorge.com/events/ice-fishing-challenge
Go here for ice fishing safety rules: https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7733.html