The information you are viewing for this event is from 2016.
Please check back for updates.
28th Annual Christmas in Warrensburgh
Come join us during the weekend of December 2-4 for the 28th Annual Christmas in Warrensburgh celebration in and around downtown!
- December 1, 2 & 3: 7:00pm performances of the WCS Drama Club Play “The Orphan Train” by Aurand Harris”, a family friendly tale of hope and new beginnings, will be performed at the WHS. Tickets available at the door. More info: 518-623-2861
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides by Bapp’s Green B Ranch leaving from the Senior Center on Saturday and the Elementary School on Sunday
- Pony Rides leaving from the Town Hall on Saturday and the Elementary School on Sunday
- “Holiday Craftsmanship” and “Dressed for the Holidays” Exhibits, Refreshments (Saturday & Sunday, 10:00am-4:00pm) - at the Warrensburgh Museum of Local History.
- Bill’s Restaurant will have on special both Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3rd & 4th, SOS – Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast to celebrate this year’s Christmas in Warrensburgh theme “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” which marks the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor and honors the World War II veterans and those who served on the home front, the Greatest Generation, whose service and sacrifice advanced freedom throughout the world.
- Ray’s Liquor will offer Wine Tastings featuring a variety of local wines starting at Noon both Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3rd and 4th.
- Miller Antiques & More (10:00am-5:00pm) will host local authors Nancy Kimball and Pat Leonard signing their books on Saturday. On Sunday, Dec.4th local artist Mary Frank will be demonstrating Watercolor Painting from 11:00am-2:00pm.
- Riverside Gallery will once again have Spinning and Weaving Demonstrations by Serendipity Spinners from 10:00am-3:00pm.
Saturday, December 3:
- Pancake Breakfast (8:00am-11am,); Cookie Walk, Silent Auction, Crafts, Party Vendors at the First United Methodist Church (8:00am-2:00pm).
- Pet Photos with Santa (9:00am-10:00am) - at Nemec’s Sports, Farm and Garden Center.
- Christmas Bazaar, Hot Foods and Baked Goods, Trash & Treasures (9:00am-4:00pm) at the Countryside Adult Home.
- Jack’s Liquor will be having a Wine Tasting featuring Ledge Rock Hill Winery selections of Cranberry Blanc and Sacandaga Sunset.
- Rebecca's Florist - Drinks and Christmas Cookies
- Adirondack Rustic Interiors - $10 off large carved bears and snowmen. $5 off small carved bears.
- Deadwood Mountain Trading Company with be hosting Game Fish Carving by Darryl Bradt inside the shop and Chain Saw Carving by Tim O’Brien outside of the shop on the point across from the bandstand in the historic Woodward Block.
- Cookie Walk, Friendship Tea & Coffee, Assorted Books, Maple Syrup, Adirondack Photography, Trash & Treasures (9:00am-3:00pm) - at First Presbyterian Church.
- Quiche/Soup Luncheon (11:00am-2:30pm) - Grandmother’s Attic, Wreaths, Crafts, Kissing Balls, Specialty Foods, Holiday Desserts, and and Candy Making & Decorating with Santa’s Elves, at the Holy Cross Episcopal Church (10:00am-3:00pm).
- “Oh Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding” Luncheon (11:00am-3:00pm) – Cream of tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwich, Christmas Figgy pudding, beverage. Price: $4. Shriner Keystone Kops will provide entertainment. Location: Warrensburg Masonic Lodge #425.
- Mini-Festival of Trees and Craft Fair, Hot Soups and Chili (10:00am-4:00pm) - at St. Cecilia's Roman Catholic Church.
- Toyland featuring Santa (9:00am-4:00pm) - Live Reindeer (10:00am-2:00pm) Pony Rides (12:00pm-3:00pm) Face Painting, Gingerbread House Decorating, Wooden Toy Workshops, Make Your Own Thumb Print Ornament Workshop, Miniature Watercolor, Origami, and Polymer Clay Flower Blossom Workshops, Holiday Baked Goods/Breakfast & Lunch, Warrensburg JSHS Holiday Band (10:30 a.m.), Warrensburg Elementary Chorus (1:00pm) Aiden Moulton (Warrensburg High School Alto Saxophonist, throughout the day), at the Emerson Town Hall.
- Living Nativity (11:00am-1:00pm) - Hot Cocoa & Cookies, Live Animals, Sponsored by the Stony Creek Community Church, at the Lawn of the Warrensburg Senior Center.
- Indoor Holiday Market with Local Farmers (10:00am-3:00pm) - (Blind Buck, Nettle Meadow and Ballston Lake Apiaries) and Artisans demonstrating (rug braiding and hand painting yarn) and selling, US Postal Special Holiday Cancellation (10:00am-1:00pm.), Holiday Melodies with Courtly Music Unlimited (11:00am-12:00pm), Brother - Sister Duo Jane and Ian Boston (1:00pm-2:00pm) and Mac Petrequin (2:00pm-3:00pm.), Children and Adult Evergreen Swag by Warren County Master Gardeners and Paper Bead Earring Workshops by Winefred Martin, “A Lonely Christmas Tree” Book Readings and Signing by Kristen Hotaling, Horse Drawn Carriage Rides (Noon-3:00pm), and American Legion accepting donation of unwrapped toys and other items for the Marine Corps League, Adopt-A-Soldier Program, VA Hospital, others, at the Warrensburg Senior Center.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony (6:00pm) - Decorating by local Girl Scouts, Warrensburg Elementary School Band, Welcome, Blessing, Caroling with local Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops, Santa, Lighting of the Tree, at the Floyd Bennett Bandstand.
- Holiday Open House (6:30PM-7:30PM) at the Merrill Magwee Inn following the tree lighting. Refreshments and Period Christmas Duos by Courtly Music.
Sunday, December 4:
- Holiday Craft Fair (10:00am-3:00pm) sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Food by J. Gallup Farm, Adirondack Artisans, Pony Rides (12:00pm-3:00pm), Carriage Rides (12:00PM-3:00PM), Santa Photos and Face Painting (12:00pm-3:00pm), Children’s Christmas Book Readings and Signing, Live Music by Brother - Sister Duo Jane and Ian Boston (11:00am) and Warrensburg JSHS Holiday Band (1:00pm), Winter Warmth Raffle Drawing, at the Warrensburg Elementary School.
- Breakfast with Santa (10:00am-12:00pm) at New Way Lunch of Warrensburgh
Local artisan April Fiorentino was commissioned by Warrensburgh Beautification Inc. to design and create the 2016 Christmas in Warrensburgh Limited Edition Ornament. In the shape of a star, the ornament is representative of this year’s theme “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” which marks the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor and honors the World War II veterans and those who served on the home front, the Greatest Generation, whose service and sacrifice advanced freedom throughout the world.