The information you are viewing for this event is from 2017.
Please check back for updates.
29th Annual Christmas in Warrensburgh
Please join us the weekend of December 1st, 2nd & 3rd for the 29th Annual Christmas in Warrensburg celebration in and around downtown.
December 2 & December 3 - "Tools and Toys for Winter Activities" Exhibit at the Warrensburgh Museum of Local History
Hibernate - or get out in the cold? Whether out of necessity or pleasure, Adirondackers make the most out of freezing weather, snow, and ice. This is an exhibit of artifacts, both homemade and manufactured, created for ice fishing, hunting and trapping, logging and "sugaring," as well as for the pleasure of skating on the ice and sliding down snow-covered hills.
The exhibit will open to the public Saturday and Sunday, December 2 and 3 with refreshments provided. Special museum hours, 10:00am to 4:00pm, are in conjunction with the townwide Christmas in Warrensburgh Weekend celebration. The exhibit will remain up through January 24.
December 2 - Evergreen Swag Workshop
Join the Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Warren County on Saturday, December 2 from 9:00am to 3:00pm in Toyland (Town Hall) on Main Street and learn how to make swag using evergreens and found objects. Children and adults are welcome to create their own holiday decorations to take home. Materials and instruction will be provided.
December 2 - Living Nativity
The Great Warrensburgh Ministerial Association will host a Living Nativity event on Saturday, December 2 from noon to 2:00pm on the lawn of the Alexander Baker Funeral Home. Free hot cocoa and cookies will be served, and music will be provided by United Methodist Church and the Free Methodist Church.
December 2 - Pet Photos With Santa
Bring your furry four-legged family member to Nemec’s on Upper Main Street in Warrensburgh for a Photo with Santa. You can take your own photos or have the staff at Nemec’s take one for you. Free holiday pet treats will be offered. The event will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, and there is no cost (donations are appreciated).
December 2 & 3 - Signings of the Seasons
On Saturday, December 2 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, Pat Leonard will sign books at Deadwood Mountain Trading Company. Then, on Sunday, December 3 from 11:00am to 2:00pm, Darrell Laurant will sign books at Miller Antiques and More.
December 2 - Blue Heron Designs Open House
Join Blue Heron Designs Weaving and Fiber Arts Studio for an Open House on Saturday from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- WCS Drama Club Play “The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon” by Don Zolidis, Warrensburg High School (Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 7 p.m.)
- Pancake Breakfast (Saturday, 8 - 11 a.m.); Cookie Walk, Silent Auction, Crafts, Party, Plan & Homemade Item Vendors, First United Methodist Church (Saturday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
- Pet Photos with Santa, Nemec’s Sports, Farm and Garden Center (Saturday, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.)
- Christmas Bazaar, Hot Foods and Baked Goods, Crafts, Trash & Treasures, Countryside Adult Home (Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Cookie Walk, Friendship Tea & Coffee, Assorted Books, Maple Syrup, Adirondack Photography, Trash & Treasures, First Presbyterian Church (Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Quiche/Soup Luncheon (Saturday, 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.); Grandmother’s Attic, Candy Making & Decorating with Santa’s Elves, Holy Cross Episcopal Church (Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Mini-Festival of Trees and Craft Fair, Hot Soups and Chili by St. Cecilia’s Youth Mission Group, St. Cecilia's Roman Catholic Church (Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Open Houses at Adirondack Rustic Interiors, Big Moose Furniture, Blue Heron Designs (Truesdale Hill Road), Deadwood Mountain Trading Company, Jack’s Liquors, Miller Antiques & More (& Sun.), Ray’s Liquor (& Sun), Rebecca’s Florist, Riverside Gallery, and other local businesses featuring Adirondack artisans demonstrating, book signings, wine tastings, discounts and refreshments (Saturday)
- Toyland featuring Santa (10 a.m. - Noon, 1 p.m.- 3 p.m.), Live Reindeer (10 a.m.- 3 p.m.), Pony Rides (Noon - 3 p.m.), Face Painting, Gingerbread House Decorating; Children Rustic & Holiday Craft, Miniature Watercolor, Origami and Evergreen Swag Workshops; Wreath Making Demonstrations, Holiday Greeting Signing (11 a.m.- Noon, 1:30 p.m.- 2 :30 p.m.), Breakfast & Lunch, Baked Goods, Live Music by Brother - Sister Duo Jane and Ian Boston (11 a.m.- Noon) and Warrensburg Elementary Chorus (1 p.m), Emerson Town Hall (Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- “Tools and Toys for Winter Activities” and “Dressed for the Holidays” Exhibits, Refreshments, Warrensburgh Museum of Local History (Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Living Nativity, Hot Cocoa & Cookies, Music, Presented by the Greater Warrensburg Ministerial Association, Lawn of Alexander Funeral Home (Saturday, Noon - 2 p.m.)
- Indoor Holiday Market with Artisan Demonstrations and Workshops of Glass Blowing, Soy Candle Pouring, Paper Bead Jewelry and Thumb Print Ornaments, Free Karate Lessons and Live Music with Courtly Music Unlimited, Lizzie Keays, River Street Plaza (Saturday, Noon - 3 p.m.)
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony - Decorating and Caroling by area Girl Scouts and WEBELOS 1 Cub Scout Pack 6031, Welcome, Blessing, Music by the Warrensburg Elementary Band, Santa, Lighting of the Tree, Signing throughout ceremony, Hot Chocolate & Cookies, Floyd Bennett Memorial Bandstand (Saturday, 6 p.m.)
- Breakfast with Santa with Live Music by Courtly Music Unlimited and Gifts from Santa Reservations suggested: 518-623-2030, Merrill Magee Inn (Sunday, 10 a.m. - Noon)
- Holiday Craft Fair sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Adirondack Artisans demonstrating and selling unique handcrafted items. Food by Dawn’s Delights, Santa (1 p.m. - 3 p.m.), Face Painting, Children’s Craft Workshop with Megan Reynolds, “A Lonely Christmas Tree” Book Readings and Signing by Kristen Massey (11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.) and Warrensburg JSHS Holiday Band (1 p.m.), Warrensburg Elementary School (Sunday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Queen Village OES Craft Fair offering baked goods, maple syrup, preserves, hand-crafted items, gift baskets. Door Prizes, Lunch, Snacks. Warrensburgh Masonic Lodge #425 (Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Open House at Courtly Music Unlimited Studio with a Reading with Music of “Twas the Night Before Christmas & A creature was stirring” (2 p.m.), Christmas Tea & Cookies by Lizzie Keays and Nose Flute Demonstrations and Free Nose Flutes (2:30 p.m.) and a Christmas Carol Play-In - all recorder players welcome (3 p.m.), Third Floor of River Street Plaza (Sunday, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Display of Warrensburgh History outside the new office of Town Historian, Sandi Parisi, Third Floor of River Street Plaza (all weekend)
- Train to Christmas Town/Holiday Festivities, Stony Creek Ranch Resort (all weekend)
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides by Bapp’s Green B Ranch leaving from the River Street Plaza to the Museum of Local History on Saturday (Noon - 3 p.m.) and the Warrensburg Elementary School to the Merrill Magee Inn on Sunday (11 a.m. - 2 p.m.)