Boat Inspection & Decontamination Locations on Lake George
From May 1 - October 31, all trailered boats entering Lake George must first undergo an inspection at one of the seven regional stations around the lake.
In addition, as of June 8, 2022, under a new state law, if a DEC inspection station adjacent to a public waterbody in the Adirondack Park (which includes Lake George) is open for operation, boaters must have either a self-issuing certification or decontamination certificate from a DEC inspection station before launching into the waterbody.
The purpose of these inspections is to ensure that boats and trailers are not harboring invasive species. The main goal is to keep Lake George clean and in its high quality state for many generations.
Get out on the water in your very own boat this summer! Yankee Boating Center's inventory includes both new and used boats in a variety of different models. Stop by their showroom in Lake George to check out their selection for yourself. Learn More »
Help Protect Lake George! Here Are 4 Easy Steps
The best way to protect Lake George is to prevent new invasive species from entering. This is possible by making sure boats, trailers and other equipment are cleaned, drained and dried before entering the water.
There are four main steps of what you need to do to help protect Lake George
- Before you leave home, make sure your boat is clean, drained and dry.
- Make sure you have a Lake George Park Commission boat registration sticker. They are available at 40 vendors around the lake.
- Before you head to your favorite launch site, visit one of the inspection stations around Lake George.
- Get your boat inspected, and if needed, decontaminated at the inspection station for no cost.
Where to Find Inspection Stations for Your Boat
Inspection stations are conveniently located throughout the lake:
- Million Dollar Beach Launch: 139 Beach Road, Lake George, NY, 5:30am to 8pm
- Dunham's Bay Dock & Launch: 2036 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY, 8am to 6pm
- Huletts Landing Marina: 6068 Lakeside Way, Huletts Landing, NY (call for hours: 518.499.0801)
- Norowal Marina: 21 Sagamore Road, Bolton Landing, NY, 8am to 6pm
- Mossy Point Public Boat Launch: 158 Black Point Road, Ticonderoga, NY, 5:30am to 8pm
- Rogers Rock Public Campground: 9894 Lakeshore Drive, Hague, NY, 5:30am to 8pm
- Adirondack Welcome Center: just south of I-87 Northbound Exit 18, 7:30am to 7:30pm
See more info from the Lake George Park Commission >>
Find where to launch your boat >>