TOP 10 Things To Do In Lake Geoge With Your Kids
Whether you live in Lake George or are planning a Lake George vacation with kids, discover these great ideas for family fun in the area. From theme parks and go carts to beaches and hiking, you'll find endless kids activities in Lake George NY!
1. Miniature Golf! Lake George is the land of mini-golf! Kids (and parents, too!) "have a ball" exploring the sport of miniature golf, working around various obstacles, fun characters and displays, water features, sand traps and more. With so many to choose from, you'll have no trouble finding a great place to go mini-golfing. PLUS, many offer snack bars and ice cream cones so you can get a great treat after a rewarding round of mini-golf! Browse Lake George miniature golf courses >>
2. The Great Escape Splashwater Kingdom! A trip to this theme park and water park never grows old. Spend some time on the roller coasters, petting the animals, hitting the water rides or watching the shows. There is endless fun at the Great Escape. The bonus for this one is that it's fun for the adults too!
3. Ride a Steamboat! This is a one-of-a-kind Lake George adventure, and you can choose from historic tours, moonlight tours, fireworks cruises and the famous Minnie Ha Ha. It's exciting for kids and offers fantastic lake views -- a picture perfect setting! Find cruises >>
4. Make the biggest sandcastle you can at the beach! Visit one of the Lake George Beaches, start building a sandcastle... and don't stop! Encourage the kids to be creative by adding sculptures and artwork to the castle. The best beach for kids in Lake George is Usher's Park Beach.
5. Picnic in the park! Have a summer picnic at Shepards Park with the kids on Band Night and encourage the kids to dance, sing and clap! Throughout the summer, there are concerts and entertainment neary every night of the week in Shepards Park. Learn more >>
6. Biking! Bring your mountain bikes along on your Lake George vacation, and explore nature and the historic sites on the bike path in Lake George. The Warren County Bike TrailMore details >>
7. Get a history lesson! Enlist your child in the Kings Army at the Fort William Henry Museum, and experience the French and Indian War first hand. It's an interactive and creative way to get them interested and involved in history.
8. Plan a "race" night! Feeling fast and furious? Race with your kids on go-karts! You'll have a blast laughing and passing each other, and there are numerous go kart tracks in the Lake George region. The Fun Spot in Queensbury has a wonderful outdoor Go-Kart track close to Lake George. Don't forget to bring the camera!
9. Have a nature day. Take some time to unwind and explore the beauty of nature. Go fishing on Lake George or hiking in the mountains. Hiking is great in all seasons, and there are many great hikes for kids in the Lake George / Adirondacks region, including our favorite, Panther Mountain. You can also learn about nature on the LGA's Floating Classroom where you can get up close and personal with Lake George as you go out on the water to learn about wetland plants and animals, invasive species, fun facts and more. It's an educational adventure you and your child will never forget!
10. Natural Adventures for older kids. Need fun ideas for teens or older kids? Try whitewater rafting down the Hudson, hot air ballooning or horseback riding! You can also parasail, hit the jet skis or rent a boat and try waterskiing! Find venues for Lake George adventures >>
Visiting Lake George with kids? See our kids vacation itinerary >>