Don’t miss out on the Lake George Community Band’s performance happening tonight, followed by fireworks! Other fun events abound around Lake George, and we have your quick news to know this week, including some axe throwing at a local museum.
Fun Events Coming Up Around the Lake George Region
Here’s what’s happening:
- Lake George Community Band Concert & Fireworks: July 7
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral at The Shirt Factory: July 7
- Frozen Family Fun at Glens Falls City Park: July 8
- Art Exhibit & Sale at Wiawaka: July 8
- Summer Garden Tour at Warrensburg Fish Hatchery: July 9
- GEM Fest at The Shirt Factory: July 9
- Hickory Bands, Brews & BBQ at Hickory Ski Center: July 9
- Chestertown Summerfest: July 9
- Georgia O’Keeffe Week: July 11 – 15
- Film Showing of Dracula (1931) at The Sembrich: July 11
- Lake George Arts Project Concert Series With Albert Cummings: July 13
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – The Hobbit: through July 17
See the events calendar for more >>
News to Know With Axe Throwing, Letterboxing & More
Check Out Adirondack Axe at Fort William Henry
It’s always awesome when two great businesses merge for something fun. Adirondack Axe will be setting up at Fort William Henry this Friday and Saturday from 10am to 2pm. It’s $10 for 10 throws, ages 10 and up, and they’ll even give you a code for 10% off Adirondack Axe’s Aviation Mall location.
Warren County Brings Back the Letterboxing Challenge
Letterboxing, which is basically a treasure hunting expedition with orienteering, art, and puzzle solving, returns to the region in a fun way. The Warren County Historian Challenge takes participants to 13 different historic sites throughout the county as they work to solve a riddle. Once the riddle is solved, you find a stamp inside of a weatherproof letterbox and stamp a passport that keeps track of your progress.
You can find instructions and more info here: https://historians-challenge-warrencountyny.hub.arcgis.com/
Small Library on East Side of Lake George Hosts Fundraiser to Stay Open
The Mountainside Free Library at Dunham’s Bay needs the public’s support to stay open. This tiny library was recently added to the National Register of Historic Places. They’re hosting a fundraiser called Book, Bake & Bauble on Saturday with vendors, a story hour, and more.
WWE Hall of Famer Coming to Heroes Hideout
Heroes Hideout now has a location in the French Mountain Commons at the Lake George Outlets, and this Saturday Mick Foley will be there from 12pm to 3pm. Autographs are $40 each, cash only. The hobby/toy store also has a Canada Street location.
Hit up a beach this weekend >>
- News 10 ABC: Fundraiser set for Lake George’s smallest library
- The Post Star: Warren County announces second letterboxing challenge