With the Ice Castles opening date slated for this weekend along with the area’s first ice bars starting to open, it’s going to be an epic time in Lake George! Get all the details and read up on other local happenings, including a truly unique date night package you might want to take advantage of for Valentine’s Day.
Ice Bars & More Frosty Fun With Upcoming Events
Here’s what’s happening:
- Thursday Night Winter Racing in Cole’s Woods: January 20 (and other dates)
- Adirondack Thunder VS Reading Royals in Glens Falls: January 21
- Gurney Lane Fat Tire Bike Day and Gurney Lane 5K Snowshoe Race: January 23
- Forest Ice Bar at Holiday Inn Resort: January 21 & 22, and 28 & 29
- Funky Ice Fest at Adirondack Pub & Brewery: January 21 & 22, and 28 & 29
- Glacier Ice Bar at The Sagamore: January 21 & 22, and 28 & 29
- Cheese Lover’s Week at Adirondack Winery: through January 23
- Adirondack Thunder VS Trois-Rivieres: January 27
- Lake George Winterfest: through March 11
Browse the events calendar for more >>
The Hot – And Cold! – News Around Lake George
Ice Castles Tickets Are Now on Sale
The wait is finally over: Ice Castles tickets are on sale now, and opening day is this Sunday, January 23. Ice artisans have been working around the clock in frigid temperatures to get this massive attraction ready. Tickets will sell out, so get your reservations as soon possible!
And, don’t forget Winterfest is still going on, with great deals on restaurants and hotels, coupled with a classic winter pastime like skiing or snowmobiling for a fraction of the price the activity would typically cost.
Congrats to Nettle Meadow’s Recent Recognition!
Last month Food & Wine Magazine compiled the top 50 best cheesemakers in the country and Nettle Meadow Farm of Warrensburg (with a retail and tavern location in Lake Luzerne) made the list. The publication called out Nettle Meadow’s Kunik cheese, calling it a “remarkable, balanced cheese” one might set out to sample but could easily end up eating much more of.
Guided Snowshoe Hikes Happening at Up Yonda Farm
Up Yonda Farm in Bolton Landing announced guided snowshoe hikes every weekend through this month and next, weather permitting. The rates are $8 if you need snowshoe rentals, $5 if you bring your own, plus $5 vehicle day use pass.
Get details here: https://www.facebook.com/UpYondaFarm/photos/a.10151665365439424/10159479536614424
Plan an Epic Date Night for Valentine’s Day
Here’s a unique idea for a date night or a Valentine’s Day gift: the Log Jam Restaurant has teamed up with Leaf Air LLC to offer date night flights: a 30-minute flight over Lake George, you land right before sunset, then enjoy a romantic dinner for two at the restaurant. See details from the Log Jam’s recent Facebook post.
Mayor Blais Will Exit Position in 2023
Lake George Village Mayor Robert Blais has been in office for 50 years, and he’s now 85 years old, reports the Glens Falls Chronicle. He told the publication that his last day will be March 31, 2023, and that he believes he’s leaving the Village in a better place than when he first came into the position. What an epic reign!
Ready for romance in Lake George? Get started at the Romance Guide >>
- Food & Wine Magazine: The Best Cheese in America: These Are the Top 50 U.S. Cheesemakers
- Glens Falls Chronicle: Bob Blais, 85 & in his final term as LG Mayor; his annual report as newsy as ever