Plan for a day-after-Christmas brunch, see how the Ice Castles are coming along, and check out what’s new in the Lake George area, like a Bolton Landing home for sale for over $8 million.
See Upcoming Events & Plan for New Year’s
Here’s what’s happening this weekend going into next weekend:
- Day After Christmas Brunch at The Lagoon: December 26
- Lake George Winterfest: December 27 – March 11
- Holiday Festival of Lights: through December 31
- New Year’s Eve at 10 McGillis: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at the Holiday Inn Resort: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at Dunham’s Bay Resort: December 31
- New Year’s Eve at Fort William Henry: December 31
- New Year’s Eve & Day at Lake George Beach Club: December 31 & January 1
- New Year’s Day Frostbite Cruise: January 1
- First Day Hike at Prospect Mountain: January 1
- Adirondack Thunder VS Trois-Rivieres: January 2
Please note: The Lake George Polar Plunge has been cancelled.
Lake George News With Winter Updates & More
Ice Castles Construction Continues
Take a walk or drive by Charles R. Wood Park these days and you can see the Ice Castles construction in progress! Stay tuned for when tickets go on sale in January.
Winterfest Starts on Monday!
There’s no time to get the after-Christmas blues when the Monday after the holiday weekend Winterfest begins! Running from December 27, 2021 to March 11, 2022, a $20 wristband equates to 15% discounts at participating hotels, 10% off select restaurants, and access to horse-drawn wagon rides and hot chocolate stations. Upgrade to the $30 wristband for all that plus a winter activity like dog sledding, snowshoeing, or tubing.
Bolton Landing Home Listed for $8.6 Million
Want a beautiful home on the shores of Lake George? There is currently an $8.6 million house for sale in Bolton Landing. The seven-bedroom home has indoor and outdoor patios, a pool, a movie theater, and stone fireplaces.
You can check it out here: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4818-Lake-Shore-Dr-Bolton-Landing-NY-12814/98181210_zpid/
Memoir of Adirondack Native Includes Lake George Stories
The Crazy Wisdom by Christopher Shaw, published in late August of this year, is a memoir of Jon Cody, a skilled craftsman and antique trader who showed Shaw the “underbelly of the Adirondacks,” as the Lake George Mirror puts it.
The book includes mentions of Adirondack Great Camps, the Lake George Steamboat Company, and more local gems.