The Lake George Beach Club has an Ugly Sweater Party this weekend, New Year’s events are coming up soon, and those aren’t the only event-related announcements in the area. Keep reading to find out the latest!
Events Happening In & Around Lake George
Here’s what’s going on this weekend into next week:
- Adirondack Thunder VS Newfoundland Growlers in Glens Falls: December 17
- Lake George SantaCon: December 18
- Christmas Bird Count in the Lake George Area: December 18
- Adirondack Thunder VS Newfoundland Growlers in Glens Falls: December 18
- Lake George Beach Club Ugly Sweater Party: December 18
- Holiday Artisan Vendor Market: December 18 & 19
- Brunch With Santa at The Bond: December 19
- Lake George Community Band’s Christmas Concert in Hudson Falls: December 19
- Adirondack Thunder VS Newfoundland Growlers in Glens Falls: December 19
- Holiday Festival of Lights: through December 31
Looking Ahead to New Year’s & Beyond
Lake George Beach Club Announces New Year’s Party
Lake George Winter Carnival Releases 2022 Schedule
If you didn’t hear yet, the Lake George Winter Carnival event organizers have released the schedule of events for each weekend in February, 2022. This will be the 60th anniversary of the carnival.
Changes for 2022 include the Saturday fireworks being moved from 6pm to 7pm, the last weekend will include a Mac N Cheese Cook Off, and there hasn’t been a mention of pond hockey yet. All the other favorites are on the roster, including sanctioned car races on the ice, ice diving demonstrations, a Chili Cook Off, cornhole games, wood carving demonstrations, and more.
Christmas Tree Farms Close Early for the Season
If you haven’t picked up your (real) Christmas tree yet this season, you might be out of luck, especially if you’re hoping to cut your own. Due to COVID and a poor tree crop eight years ago (it takes the trees seven to eight years to grow to Christmas tree size) many area farms had to pull the plug early this year, at least for cut-your-own; some may still have pre-cut trees, wreaths, and other items.
Bailey Family Christmas Trees in Cambridge posted that they sold out of choose-and-cut trees on December 10, River Bend Christmas Tree Farm of Lake Luzerne and Ellms Family Farm of Ballston Spa both posted they were out of cut-your-own trees on December 11, and Brown’s Tree Farm in Warrensburg posted last call on December 12.