Editor’s Note (3/13/2020): We are monitoring and updating cancellations as we receive them on our events calendar, where you can find the most current information. However, we are not notified of every cancellation. If you see something that has been cancelled and is still listed as an active event on our calendar, please send a note to email@example.com
We rounded up cancellations and closings in the Lake George, Glens Falls, and Adirondack regions with regard to the Coronavirus. See below for current info:
Events Cancelled or Postponed
- The Eastern College Athletic Conference Final Four and CAN/AM Challenge Cup in Lake Placid, which were set to begin yesterday in Lake Placid, are cancelled.
- The St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Old Forge, scheduled for today, Friday the 13th, has been postponed.
- Lake Placid Loppet & Kort Loppet, scheduled for Saturday the 14th, are cancelled (due to trail conditions and weather).
- The Celtic Band “Gypsy Reel Performance” at the Slate Valley Museum, scheduled for tomorrow the 14th, has been postponed.
- The Lip Sync Battle at the Charles R. Wood Theater, scheduled for Saturday the 14th, has been postponed to May 8th.
- The second annual Audubon Trivia Extravaganza at Valcour Brewing in Plattsburgh, scheduled for Sunday the 15th, has been postponed.
- Adirondack Voters for Change at the Pendragon Theatre in Saranac Lake, scheduled for March 21st, has been postponed.
- The Great Upstate Boat Show in Queensbury, scheduled for March 27th to 29th, has been suspended.
- Thurman Maple Days, happening over the next three weekends in March, has officially been cancelled, although certain farms may be open. Please call ahead to the individual participating farms.
Many libraries have cancelled or postponed events: The Goff-Nelson Memorial Library in Tupper Lake has cancelled all on-site meetings and events for the rest of March (excepting the off-site Moms Book Club Meeting). The Saranac Lake Free Library has postponed all events through the end of March that take place in the Cantwell Room. Lake Placid Public Library’s Dinosaur Day, scheduled for March 20th, has been postponed.
Business Closings & More
Belleayre, Gore, and Whiteface Mountains are shutting down gondolas and operating at a limited capacity throughout the remainder of the season. The mountains plan to operate during regular hours, but indoor facilities will limit the number of people allowed inside the lodges. Mountains will shut down gondolas at the end of daily operations today, Friday the 13th. All other lifts will remain in operation, but will operate under controlled seating capacity.
The ECHL, which includes Adirondack Thunder, has suspended the season indefinitely.
The Adirondack Carousel in Saranac Lake is closed.
The Wild Center in Tupper Lake is temporarily closed as of today, Friday the 13th, and intends to reopen on May 1st.
We expect more cancellations and closings as the situation develops.