On Tuesday evening, August 25, a fire broke out in a home on Cherry Street in Lake George where eight international students who are working in Lake George Village this summer were living. Seven of the eight lost virtually all of their possessions, and the Lake George Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary needs your help to try and replace them.
Among the items lost in the blaze were clothing, cell phones, laptop computers, luggage, pocketbooks, and passports. The estimated value of the students’ destroyed property is approximately $11,000.
The eight students hail from Jamaica and Moldova, and have been working for various employers in the Village this summer. Some of them plan to return home as early as next week, and the Auxiliary would love to have the students’ property replaced by then.
Edrie Squires of the Ladies Auxiliary has started a GoFundMe page – “Cherry Street Relief Fund” – where donations can be made to help the students.