It was there that the New York Arts Club held their first retreat, featuring Georgia O’Keeffe as a registered guest-artist. The property featured the then-new Wakonda, a 12 room Adirondack lodge that the artists referred to as the “artists’ roost.”
In 1903 the Trasks deeded the land to Marry Fuller for one dollar and a bouquet of wild flowers.
The property featured the then-new Wakonda lodge as well as cottages and the main home.
- Maintain structural integrity
- Furnish restored guest rooms
- Add space for workshops
- Create a natural waterfront amphitheater
- Preserve porches and balconies
- Preserve historical use of Lake George waterfront.