With more warm weather this week and even more on the way from the looks of things, it doesn’t look like ice is possible at the Lake George Winter Carnival this year. Unfortunately, the Motorcycle, ATV, and Car Races have all been cancelled.
These events were rescheduled to the last weekend of the carnival in an attempt to allow ice to form on the lake, but the weather will not cooperate, and the ice will not be safe by the end of February (or the end of winter the way it looks).
On the bright side, it will be warm enough to really enjoy the fireworks this weekend at the Lake George Winter Carnival!
Even without the popular races, there is still plenty to keep you entertained in Lake George this weekend! Read on..
This weekend (2/18 – 2/19), the following events are all still scheduled:
- Sat (All Day) :: ATV Poker Run :: Registration at 9-11 am at Duffy’s Tavern.
- Sat 12:00PM :: Chowder Cook Off :: Shepards Park Beach
- Sat 4:00PM :: Bon Fire on the Beach :: Shepards Park Beach. Toast marshmallows and watch the fireworks.
- Sat 6:30PM :: Fireworks :: Over the Lake
- Sun 12:00-2:00PM :: Closest to the Pin Contest :: Battlefield Park, cash prizes
- Sat at dusk :: Hot Air Balloon Moon Glow :: Gaslight Village (West Brook Rd.) – Sunkiss Ballooning
This looks like plenty of fun to keep you coming up to Lake George this weekend to enjoy the Winter Carnival!
Are you heading into town this weekend? If you’re at the Winter Carnival, take some photos and upload them to our Lake George Facebook page! Our out-of-area fans would love to see!
Winter Carnival 2012 Full Schedule (updated 2/14/2012)