Holiday Stuffing Recipe
Stuffing - besides turkey, it's arguably the most important part of the holiday meal!
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks (about 1 cup) celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large (about 1 cup) onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) herb seasoned stuffing
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the broth, celery, and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
For Cranberry & Pecan Stuffing: Stir 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and chopped pecans into the stuffing mixture.
For Sausage & Mushroom Stuffing: Add 1 cup sliced mushrooms to the vegetables during cooking. Stir 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled pork sausage into the stuffing mixture.