Seven-Layer Salad Recipe
Scallions are just a part of this seven-layer salad!
- 8 cup(s) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup(s) halved grape tomatoes or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) sliced celery
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup(s) low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 strip(s) cooked bacon, crumbled
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Layer peas, bell pepper, tomatoes, celery, and scallions on top.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar to taste, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread the dressing evenly over the top of the salad (an offset spatula is handy for this, if you have one). Sprinkle with cheese, basil, and bacon. Serve room temperature or chilled.