Adirondack Winery Cheddar Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 6oz Mild Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 6oz Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 4 oz Gruyere Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 cup Adirondack Winery Gewurztraminer (Any other quality semi-sweet white wine could be substituted)
- 1/2 cup Adirondack Winery Dry Riesling (Any other quality dry white wine could be substituted)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- Suggested Accompaniments: 1 Fresh Baguette (quartered chunks), 3 Medium Green Apples (cut into medium-size cubes), 1 Bunch Asparagus (blanched)
- Grate all cheeses into a bowl. Mix.
- Sprinkle cheese with corn starch and mix.
- Heat wine and lemon juice to a slight boil (ideally in a fondue pot, but if you don’t have one, a sauce pan is fine) and slowly add cheese, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Turn down the heat to keep the mixture warm.
- Keep warm and serve as a dip with French or Italian bread, quartered into small pieces, leaving a piece of crust on each piece.
- Green apple pieces and asparagus also make great dipping accompaniments, but many other fruits and veggies work great too!
- Have extra wine (to loosen) and corn starch (to thicken) on hand during your party to mix in as needed to keep the fondue at the desired smooth consistency.
- If you have fondue stickers for guests to use, that is ideal, but plastic forks work fine.
Learn More About The Adirondack Winery & Tasting Room »
« Back To The Top Recipes Page
« More From The Lake George Holiday Guide