Parking Information for Lake George Village
Beautiful lakeside views, sandy beaches, live music, fireworks and a wide variety of special events attract visitors to Lake George year round.
With all those people, it can sometimes be hard to know where you can park. Luckily, with a little bit of planning, good timing, and some knowledge of the area, finding a parking spot in the Village close to your destination can be a breeze!
Pack your extra quarters before you leave! It's important to keep in mind that almost every street in the Village of Lake George is metered, using either quarter-fed parking meters or dollar-fed pay stations.
The Village enforces metered parking from May 15 through September 15, seven days a week, from 8:00am to 12:00am midnight. On-street parking is $1.00 per hour. Metered parking streets include:
- Canada Street / Route 9 - The main road through the Village
- Ottawa Street, which runs parallel to Route 9 / Canada Street
- James Street, located directly off Ottawa Street
- Amherst / Lower Amherst Street, near Shepard Park
- Dieskau Street
- West Brook Road, near Charles R. Wood Park
There is non-metered parking, but it is limited, and you should be prepared to both arrive early and walk a ways to your destination. Also, watch carefully for "No Parking" signs, as well as curbs and yellow lines, which indicate no parking. Free, non-metered parking can be found past Schuyler Street and on Helen Street.
Note that parking fees are used to support free events, including fireworks and concerts, seasonal employees, and a Visitor Center.
Paid parking lots are scattered throughout the Village. They are available for $2.00 an hour, though there are some all-day parking options off Beach Road, near Charles R. Wood Park for approximately $5 to $10 a day, depending on the season, event, or time of day. Parking lots fill up very quickly, so be sure to get there as early as you can. Here is where you will find parking lots right in the Village:
- Across from the Lake George Steamboat Company on Beach Road
- Adjoining / near Charles R. Wood Park
- A small lot at the intersection of Ottawa and Amherst Streets, near shops, eateries and other businesses
- Million Dollar Beach - this lot provides parking for 200 cars at $10 per car. After 5:00pm, the price drops to $6 per car
Got a Ticket?
Don't worry! There are fine depositories available throughout the Village. Fines may also be paid in person at the Lake George Town Court Building (20 Old Post Road), by mail at the same address, or electronically.
Planning to stay overnight? Try to book your lodging in Lake George at a place along the trolley route. The trolley is an inexpensive and convenient way to get around the Village as well as travel to points south (the shopping outlets), and points north (Bolton Landing).