Editor’s Note May 12, 2023: Tiki Tours is now the Original Tiki Tours.
Editor’s Note: The Tiki Tours ribbon cutting has been postponed due to weather.
The music and summer fun continue in Lake George! See what’s happening this weekend into next week, and check out a couple updates from Fort William Henry and Tiki Tours.
Events Coming Up to Get Excited About in the Lake George Region
The Lake George Music Festival is winding down; we’ve separated out those happenings below, so you can check out each individual event. (The Children’s Concert is free!)
- Thursday Market Food Truck Corral in Glens Falls: August 19 (and other dates)
- Firemen’s Family Summer Festival & Craft Show: August 20 – 22
- Lake George Tri Camp: August 20 – 22
- Lake George Open Water Swim: August 21
- Lake George Music Festival – Children’s Concert: August 21
- Lake George Music Festival – Composer Institute Concert: August 21
- 33rd Annual Lobster Bake in Warrensburg: August 21
- Wiawaka’s Drive-Thru Takeout BBQ: August 21
- North Country ARTS – Journey’s Exhibition Opening: August 21
- Lake George Music Festival – Strings Old & New, Borrowed & Blue: August 22
- Lake George Music Festival – Last Trumpet Over Florence: August 23
- Washington County Fair: August 23 – 29
- Lake George Floating Classroom: August 25 (and other dates)
- Take a Bite in Glens Falls: August 25 (and other dates)
- Lake George Music Festival – Symphony Orchestra: August 25
News to Know: Yoga for a Cause, Real Estate Sale, Tiki Tours Update & More
Check Out These Lemon Tree Yoga Events for a Great Cause
Lemon Tree Yoga of Glens Falls has teamed up with Fort William Henry to host yoga classes on the Fort William Henry lawn. The $10 donation for the yoga session goes toward Women in Need (WIN), which provides shelter and supportive services for women, children, and families. They have three left you can get in on:
Lake George Suites Sells for Millions to New Owner
Muroff Hospitality Group recently sold Lake George Suites in Diamond Point for $3.2 million to R.E. Hansen Industries, Inc., of Saint James (in Long Island). The property includes a six-bedroom home and 20 boat slips, and the new owner plans to keep the current manager of the property on. You can read more about this transaction from the Glens Falls Business Journal.
Tiki Tours Acquires an Additional Boat
The popular Tiki Tours has added a new pontoon boat, allowing them to expand their tour offerings to meet the increased demand. This is a different style from their original Tiki vessels, and roomier. The company is hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony on Monday the 23rd at 11am.
A Word From the Village on the Upcoming Car Show
The Village of Lake George posted on Facebook some helpful info for the upcoming Adirondack Nationals Car Show, September 9 to 12:
- Parking permits will be available
- Parking passes will be valid September 7 – 12
- Passenger vehicles will be $150
- All trailers and any vehicle using more than one parking space will be $500
- Trailers can be parked at the REC Center for $25
- Parking passes are available for purchase at the Village Hall, cash only
Warren County CCE Says Keep Weeding
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Warren County recently posted some gardening advice: continue to be vigilant about weeding, even as the season winds down. Pulling the weeds before they have a chance to flower and go to seed will reduce the number of new weeds next year.