Lake George’s Million Dollar Beach is now 6.3 Million Dollar Beach, as it was recently announced that ongoing improvements to the boat launch and Beach Road have been completed. Not only will this project significantly improve recreational access to the lake, but it is also aligned with the emphasis on improving water quality.
In a statement, Governor Cuomo’s office described how the project “includes a parking lot paved with porous asphalt, new stormwater management infrastructure, reconfigured traffic flow, and a relocated and refurbished boat launch.”
- The boat launch has the capacity for 26 boats when the beach is open and 200 when it is closed. It also includes a boat inspection and boat wash station to help with Lake George’s initiative to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
- The new boat launch, unlike the old one, can be open when the beach is open.
- A new multi-use path makes it easier and safer for visitors to navigate through the facility.
- The parking lot and walkways are now easier and safer for people with disabilities to access.
- The porous asphalt and stormwater infrastructure will help keep sedimentation and pollutants out of the lake, and will also reduce the amount of salt and sand that must be used during the winter to keep the roads safe.
- governor.ny.gov: Governor Cuomo Announces Opening of Lake George Boat Launch and Completion of Lake George Beach Parking Lot