As winter drags on and we feel a sense of never-ending ice, cold and frost, no one wants to leave their spot on the couch, wrapped in blankets and dreaming of sunshine. If you’re anything like me, you tend to be a homebody during the winter months – the warmth of home sounds significantly more appealing than trekking through the snow to reach a new destination.
However, there is something to look forward to once the weather warms up – or more exactly, 14 NEW things! Lake George is gearing up for some brand new events and fun this summer season, and we’ve got the scoop. With almost every weekend booked between June 2nd and October 10th, 2015, Lake George’s Charles R. Wood Park leaves you no excuse not to have weekend plans once the weather warms up!
You can enjoy wine & food events, music festivals, craft fairs and even a circus. According to Mayor Blais, 14 new events are scheduled for 2015, with only one weekend left to fill. But not to worry – the Mayor says he is “working with a large car show to fill the last open weekend in July.” So, are you ready for your summer itinerary sneak peek? *Drumroll please!*
Check out all the events happening each weekend in the Lake George village this summer season!
Weekends in June 2015
- June 2nd – 6th : Americade
- June 12th – 13th : First Annual Battle of the Bands
- June 19th – 20th : The Hudson Valley Firemen’s Convention
- June 27th – 28th : Adirondack Wine and Food Festival
Weekends in July 2015
- July 3rd – 5th : Independence Music Festival
- July 11th – 12th : King George Fishing Derby
- July 18th – 19th : TBA
- July 25th – 26th : Lake George Craft Show
Weekends in August 2015
- August 1st – 2nd : Lake George Arts Project 1st Annual Blues Music Festival
- August 8th – 9th : Bands for the Lake
- August 18th – 27th : Lake George Music Festival
- August 23rd: Arlo Guthrie’s Alice’s Restaurant 50th Anniversary Tour
- August 28th – 30th : Craft Show
Weekends in September 2015
- September 5th – 6th : Lake George Brewfest
- September 10th – 12th : Adirondack Car Show
- September 19th : The Shrine Circus
- September 26th – 27th : American Music Festival for the Lake and The Opening Show
Weekends in October 2015
And with that, homebodies, it’s time to start dreaming beyond your cave of hot cocoa and space heaters. Throw on a smile and prepare to enjoy weekends out and about in the Lake George village this summer season!
Looking for more? Check out a full list of events taking place in the Charles R. Wood Park >>