Transformations: The Art of John Van Alstine at the Hyde
John Van Alstine has been described as an abstract artist with a keen sense of composition, who evokes narratives from inanimate objects, and a sculptor who finds the balance and energy in the moment. Van Alstine works at the nexus of natural forces and the manmade, at the intersection between wild nature and technology. This career retrospective examines recurrent themes drawn from Greek and Roman mythology, celestial navigation, and the human figure in Western art as he responds to the tension between Nature and the American drive to command and shape the environment to their will.
This exhibition is open June 10-September 18, 2022
The Hyde Collection is open Thursday through Monday from 10AM-5PM until September 5th, after which it is open Thursday throough Sunday from 10 AM-5PM.
- General – $12 – adults over the age of 18
- Senior – $10 – anyone 60 years or older
- Members – FREE – must have valid membership card
- Students – FREE – college students must provide student ID
- Children – FREE – Under Ages 12
- Veterans – FREE
- Active Duty Military & Family – FREE
- The second Thursday of each month is free admission for everyone. Simply select “Free Second Thursday” from The Hyde's admission menu.