Today until Fri, May 24, 2013
Wed, May 29, 2013 until Sun, Jun 2, 2013
Top 10 Things You Must Do In Lake George
Discover Lake George like never before! Whether you are vacationing alone with your sweetheart or with the entire family, it's easy to plan an adventure for every day of your vacation with these ideas for the top 10 things you MUST do in Lake George!
Below you will find out about popular attractions in Lake George as well as little-known, hidden gems of the area. Discover the many things to do, and where you can find them with this helpful guide.
» Looking for more fun in Lake George? Check out our list of Top 10 Things To Do With Your Kids In Lake George and our Things To Do Section for more ideas and activities you can enjoy this season.
- Get ON the Lake: Rent a boat, charter a fishing boat or a yacht, or hop on one of the many Lake George cruise ships. It's the only way to truly to experience the lake!
- Hit the Village: Cotton candy, mini-golf, arcades, ice-cream, pizza and T-shirt shops... not to mention great Lake George restaurants overlooking the lake. All ages will have fun experiencing the action in Lake George Village!
- Seek Out Heart Pounding Adventure: Thrills are easy to find in Lake George, whether you fancy a hot air balloon flight, rafting the rapids or speeding on a raceway... or perhaps you would like to hike a peak, jump off the cliffs into the lake, 'zip' through the woods or challenge a loved one to a race down the bikepath… make it thrilling!
- Amuse Yourself: Whether you choose the famous Six Flags theme park, Water Safari or one of the many other attractions in Lake George, indulge yourself in the thrill of a good ride!
- Build that Castle: With so many fabulous beaches on Lake George, whether you come to layout with a good book, build a castle or play beach volleyball, enjoy the breathtaking views from the sand, and take in the beauty of the Adirondack mountains surrounding this majestic lake.
- Shop: Whether it’s the call of the outlet malls, the quaint shops of Bolton Landing or perhaps souvenir shopping in the village, it's never truly a visit to Lake George until you've bought something completely frivolous!
- Explore the Area: You're 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs, 15 minutes from Bolton Landing, 30 minutes from Washington County’s famous farms and less than an hour to the High Peaks, Lake Placid and Old Forge. Find what piques your fancy. It's all nearby!
- Pamper Yourself: Take time to relax with a good book, treat yourself to a massage / pedicure, enjoy world class golf, go horseback riding... just because "you're worth it!"
- Experience the Local Culture: From museums to historic forts, free concerts and fireworks, theatre and butterfly farms, there are plenty of ways to broaden your mind and renew the spirit in Lake George!
- Connect: Leave your iPhone and Blackberry in the room! Lake George is about connecting with your loved ones... holding hands, snuggling close at Thursday night fireworks, taking a million photos so the memories of the warmth, the connection, the closeness will never fade.