The information you are viewing for this event is from Sunday, May 17, 2020.
Please check back for updates.
Virtual Hike for Hope - Cody's Climb
About the Hike
The Hike for Hope is generally a challenging climb utilizing the paved access road to the top of Prospect Mountain in Lake George. Join us on Sunday, May 17th, as we practice our social distancing, and Hike for HOPE virtually! We will not be walking in person, but that shouldn't stop us from getting outside, and walking! Now, more than ever, we need to HIKE FOR HOPE!
Money raised from this event goes to research and free local suicide prevention programs. School groups, community organizations, families and individuals are all welcome.
Here are ways you, your families, and your friends can participate on Sunday, May 17th:
- Join us on 5/17/20 for our ZOOM, Instagram and FB Live KICKOFF of the Hike for Hope!
- Update your personal fundraising page and share your story on why you support AFSP and why you are Hiking for Hope!
- Connect your personal fundraising page to a Facebook fundraiser by logging into your account and clicking "Create a Facebook Fundraiser" from the menu of fundraising options. *Please note: you must initiate the fundraiser from your personal fundraising portal on the AFSP site for it to connect to your personal page*
- You could create a poster or drawing to share your message of hope and healing. You can also utilize the“What’s Your Color?” chart to share your stories. We encourage you to post/tweet/share/live by using the hashtag #CRNYHike4Hope (or you can email your photos and stories to email@example.com). Consider wearing a T-shirt that represents your color while you Walk, Hike or Run!
- Anyone who raises $100+ will be mailed a t-shirt.
You can participate in the virtual walk at any time from any location beginning on Sunday, May 17th – June 30th!
Any type of involvement will continue to increase awareness, fund scientific research, and provide resources and aid to those impacted by suicide. We can still bring the issue of suicide Out of the Darkness and create a culture that's smart about mental health.