Lake George Winter Carnival 2017
Ice Status: (2/21/2017) - Although there is a thin layer of ice on Lake George in the southern basin, the lake will be unsafe for any on-ice activities this weekend. However, there will be plenty of activities happening on land!
Weekends In February Are Winter Carnival Time!
Lake George Village offers a month-long celebration of winter during this annual family-friendly festival! The Winter Carnival takes place each weekend throughout February, so mark your calendar now and get ready to take part in the fun.
Relish the warmth of tasty samples during the chowder, chili, BBQ, and chicken wing cook-offs. Enjoy the always hilarious and fun outhouse races - a crowd pleasing favorite - as well as ATV, snowmobile races and more!
Kids can participate in children's activities, enjoy an ATV wagon or pony ride, and toast marshmallows on the beach. And that's just a sample; there's so much fun for everyone! View the complete list of activities below.
What Happens If There's No Ice?
Although Lake George is usually frozen solid by February, there are some years (like 2016) when mild temperatures cause the ice to be unsafe for the Winter Carnival's normal activities.
We will continue to make updates to this page through the end of the Carnival.
2017 Winter Carnival Activities:
Every Weekend in February
The following events are ones you can enjoy every Saturday and Sunday at the Lake George Winter Carnival during the month of February:
- All day - Helicopter Rides (fee) - Rides will take place at the lake. For info, call Bruce at 518-361-1380. If no ice, rides will take off from Fort William Henry
- A Time to Remember Horse Drawn Carriage and Sleigh Rides - Beach road parking lot, call Tina Purdy at 518-321-5539 for more info
- 11:00 AM - Human Foosball Tournament - Sign up teams of 6, at the Boardwalk parking lot, call Linda at 518-361-2559
- 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM - ATV Wagon Rides for Kids ($2) - In front of Duffy's Deli if no ice
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Make Your Own Sundae Sundays - Shepard Park Beach sponsored by Stewart's Shops (Sundays Only)
- 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Face Painting - King Neptune’s Restaurant
- 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Children’s Activities - King Neptune’s Restaurant and Courtyard Marriott Lake George
- 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Pony Rides ($5) - Shepard Park
- 2:00 PM - LG Dog's Got Talent Show - Shepard Park Beach
- 3:00 PM - Polar Plunge - Shepard Park Beach (must register)
- 6:00 PM - Fireworks Over The Lake (Saturdays Only)
The 2017 Winter Carnival Schedule:
(Final Weekend) Weekend 4: Saturday, February 25th - Sunday, February 26th, 2017
- Sat 12:00 PM - Chicken Wing Cook Off - Shepard Park Amphitheater
- Sat 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Zumba w/Lisa Camp - King Neptune's Pub
- Sat 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Open Mic - Shepard Park Amphitheater (contact DJ Chas at 518-307-6107 to reserve your spot)
- Sat 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM - MYO Snow Tie-Dye T-Shirts - Shepard Park Beach - $5 includes all
- Sat 3:00 PM till gone - Non-Alcohol Bloody Mary Contest - Beach Area (there is a fee)
- Sat 4:00 PM till gone - S'mores at the Beach - Shepard Park Beach - Toast marshmallows (sponsored by Mario's Restaurant)
- Sat 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Hot Chocolate Bar at the Beach - $5 fee, includes souvenir mug and all the toppings, sponsored by Courtyard Marriott Lake George
- Sat 6:00 PM - Fireworks by Santore - Over the Lake
- Sat & Sun 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM - Metal Sculptures by Zac - Shepard Park
- Sat & Sun 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM - Winter Carnival: Sugar & Spice Weekend - Adirondack Winery
- Sun 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Glacier Golf Tournament - Lake George Battleground Park - Sign up teams of 2 or 4, bring your clubs, ($10 per person) call 518-683-5333
- Sun 1:00 PM - Duck Race - Shepard Park Beach ($10 per duck)
- Sun 2:30 PM till gone - S'mores at the Beach - Shepard Park Beach - Toast marshmallows (sponsored by Mario's Restaurant)
- Sun 3:30 PM - Raffle Drawing - Shepard Park Beach
Remember, all events are weather and ice permitting, LGWC will not be held responsible for any canceled events or races.
Coming in from out of town? See which lodging venues are open in winter »
Watch our Winter Carnival video below!