Live music. Disc golf tournaments. Fireworks updates. And more! Get the latest on what’s going on in and around Lake George this week.
Upcoming Events to Get Excited About
Here’s what’s happening this weekend and beyond:
- Learn More About CDPHP Cycle! at Sprinkles Ice Cream Shoppe: June 10
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral: June 10 (and other dates)
- LGD/50 Concerts – The Garcia Project With Deadgrass & Friends: June 11
- Disc Golf Tournaments at Crandall Park: June 12 & 13
- Sleeping Beauty Veterans Hike: June 12
- LGD/50 Concerts – Max Creek With The Mallett Brothers Band: June 12
- WACM’s International Cuisine Festival: June 13
- Queensbury Senior Center’s First Golf Tournament: June 14
- Adirondack Jeep Invasion: June 18 – 20
- Guided Hike Around Gull Bay Preserve: June 19
- Walk in the Park – Path Thru History at Lake George Battlefield Park: June 19
Suggested Weekend Activity: Stop by This Bookstore
The Book Cabin is now open in Lake George on weekends, Saturdays 10am to 5pm and Sundays 10am to 4pm. The charming cabin houses a great selection of adult and children’s books, and they have a nice area outside where you can hang out and read. It’s going to be in the low 80s on Saturday! This bookstore is new to the Lake George scene, having just opened last month.
News to Know Around Lake George
The Latest Summer Fireworks, Music Updates
We reported last week that the Thursday night fireworks in Lake George Village were tentatively scheduled for this year. The Village has now announced the fireworks season is officially happening and will kick off with the Fourth of July show on Sunday, July 4, at 9:30pm.
From there, Thursday shows will take place July 8, 15, 22, 29; August 5, 12, 19, 26; and September 2. There’s also a fireworks show scheduled for Saturday, September 18.
In related news, the Lake George concert series Fridays at the Lake confirmed on Facebook that the 2021 shows are a go. They will kick off on July 2, and they expect to announce the lineup soon.
Visitor Interpretive Center & Museum Coming to Lake George Battlefield Park
According to the Glens Falls Chronicle, Lake George Battlefield Park will get a Visitor Interpretive Center and museum, set to open this summer. The new addition will be on the ground floor of the new Lake George Park Commission headquarters building on Fort George Road.
- Glens Falls Chronicle (print edition): Lake George battlefield finally getting own museum