Check out details below on an Oktoberfest, Autumn Fun Fest, and more Lake George area events happening this weekend, get updated on two Halloween events for next week, and read up on some news to know about.
Fall Fun All Weekend Long & Beyond in the Lake George Region
Check out the below events for everything pumpkins and more:
- Haunted History Tour at Fort William Henry: October 21 (and other dates)
- Fright Fest at Great Escape: October 22 – 24
- Autumn Fun Fest & Great Pumpkin Contest at Gurney Lane Recreation Area: October 23
- Fall Festive Craft Fair at The Barn at French Mountain: October 23
- Oktoberfest at Northway Brewing: October 23
- Apple VS Pumpkin Throwdown at the Shirt Factory: October 23
- Trunk or Treat at Up Yonda Farm: October 23
- Ghost Hunt at Fort William Henry: October 23 & 24
- Adirondack Winery’s Drink Pink Week 3: through October 24
Lake George News From Halloween to Cannabis
Looking Ahead to Next Weekend: Halloween Event Updates
More Boo 2 You details have been revealed by the Glens Falls Collaborative. The October 30 event will take place in City Park instead of downtown, with 20 candy and non-candy trick-or-treat stations (a thank you to The Candy Space for donating candy!), a Fun Zone from LARAC, Halloween music at the bandstand, costumed characters ready to pose for photos, and spooky dance performances.
And, the Warren County Sheriff’s Office has announced a first-ever Trunk-or-Treat on October 31. Drive through to collect candies, goodies, and maybe a few “tricks!”
A Cannabis Update for the Village of Lake George
The Village Board held a meeting last month to gauge public opinion about allowing cannabis sales in the Village; municipalities have until the end of the year to decide to opt out or not. The Post Star reports that people spoke out at the meeting against allowing the sale of cannabis, because it goes against the family-friendly atmosphere of the Village.
A public hearing is set for November 15 at 4:30pm to opt out of cannabis sales, and to request that the state’s Cannabis Control Board not issue any dispensary licenses for on-site consumption in the Village.
The Pinnacle in Bolton Landing Gets an Upgrade
Earlier this month the Lake George Land Conservancy, Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce, and Town of Bolton championed the expanded and improved Pinnacle with a ribbon cutting ceremony at the new trailhead.
According to the Lake George Land Conservancy’s website, the Preserve now includes a new trail to Bradley’s Lookout. Both trails start out as one, that splits shortly after the trailhead hikers can access from the new large parking area on Edgecomb Pond Road.