Fall food, festivals, and fun are on the way, including some smaller events you might not know about in the Lake George area. Find out what’s going on this week below!
Get In On Fall Restaurant Week Before It Ends
We all love the foliage and the Oktoberfest beverages and pink wine that come along with fall. But don’t discount the fall food! You won’t want to miss out on Lake George’s Fall Restaurant Week, happening now through Saturday the 18th. Pictured above is pumpkin ravioli from 10 McGillis. Yum!
The Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB has all the participants and menus up on their website: https://lakegeorgechamber.com/restaurant_week/
Stop by the Apple Festival Tomorrow
The Warrensburgh Riverfront Farmers Market is going all out for their annual Apple Festival, which is tomorrow, September 17, from 3pm to 6pm. (So make arrangements to leave work a little early if you need to!)
Saratoga Apple will be on site with several varieties of organically grown apples, there are multiple activities including a craft workshop for kids, you can enter an Apple Dessert Contest, and much more. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to find apple cider doughnuts too!
See More Events Coming Up Around the Lake George Area
Here’s what else is going on…a few major events start next week!
- Luke Dow Artist Reception at the Library: September 16
- Lake George Library Book Sale: September 17 & 18
- French & Indian War Encampment and Reenactment: September 17 – 19
- Boating for Babies Fundraiser by Yankee Boating Center: September 18
- ADK 5K: September 18
- Mum Festival at Binley Florist: September 18
- Buyer & Cellar – Lake George Dinner Theatre: through September 19
- Americade: September 21 – 25
- Halfway Brook Talk at the Chapman Museum: September 22
- Gypsy Moth Educational Session (Virtual) From Warren County: September 23
- Adirondack Balloon Festival: September 23 – 26
Help Out the Lake George Land Conservancy By Taking This Survey
The Lake George Land Conservancy wants to know what lands you want to see protected, what type of programs you’d like to participate in, and what you think makes the Lake George region special.
Take the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LGLC-SM
Lake George Village Reports Massive Parking Meter Revenue
The Glens Falls Chronicle reports this morning that the Village broke $1 million this year in parking meter returns – this is the best in Village history. Parking rates increased from $1 to $2 per hour at about 56% of the Village meters, Mayor Robert Blais told the Chronicle. They expected revenue to increase by about 75%; it went up by about 110%.
What are they doing with the profits? Putting it towards construction of a wastewater treatment plant. And, the Village doesn’t expect to increase parking rates again anytime soon (no need!).
- The Glens Falls Chronicle (print edition): LG Village nabs $1-million in parking meter revenue, a first