Editor’s note: As of 3:40pm, today’s Lake George Community Band Concert and Thursday fireworks in the Village are on. The Food Truck Corral in Glens Falls has been cancelled due to weather (but is every Thursday, so check it out next time!).
Don’t miss one minute of summer fun in Lake George! The live music shows are rocking and rolling, there’s a new barbecue festival coming up, and we have some fun news to share.
Don’t Miss These Thrilling Events Coming Up
From live music in Lake George to a food truck festival in Glens Falls, all the summer fun is happening in the area:
- Lake George Community Band Concert & Thursday Night Fireworks: July 29 (and other dates)
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral in Glens Falls: July 29 (and other dates)
- Virtual Land & Water Conservation Celebration With Lake George Land Conservancy: July 30
- Churney Gurney Mountain Bike & Trail Run Race: July 31
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – Slow Food: through July 31
- Lake George Art & Craft Festival: July 30 – August 1
- ADK Tent Sale & Gear Exchange With Adirondack Mountain Club: July 31
- Across the Pond at Shepard Park: August 3
- Lake George Arts Project Summer Concert Series – Alex Torres & His Latin Orchestra: August 4
4 Tidbits to Know: Upcoming & Ongoing Events, a Hiking Update & Fun Restaurant News
Get Ready for Great Music & Food at This New Festival
If you didn’t know, there’s a brand new festival taking place at Charles R. Wood Park August 13 to 15. Mark your calendars for the Lake George BBQ & Blues Festival. You can expect Jamaican spicy jerk chicken, empanadas, burgers, hot dogs, locally made doughnuts and ice cream, and of course tons of bluesy music.
Reminder: Summer Concert Series Extend Beyond the Village
We all love the wildly popular concerts happening in Shepard Park, but if you’re looking to go beyond the Village for some free, outdoor tunes, there are concert series happening in Bolton Landing, Hague, Thurman, Glens Falls, Fort Ann, Granville, and more.
Head over to the events calendar and find upcoming summer concert series by filtering the event type; summer concerts are categorized under arts & culture.
New Pinnacle Parking Allows Room for More Hikers
The Pinnacle in Bolton Landing – which was temporarily closed due to overuse during the pandemic – now has a new, larger parking lot. The Lake George Land Conservancy manages this popular hiking spot, and parking was funded by the Town of Bolton. Please park only in the designated parking lot, and not alongside the road, or blocking driveways.
Restaurant Owner Leaves Massive Tip in Lake George
Paesan’s Pizza owner Frank Scavio made the Channel 13 news recently for tipping $1,840 at the Lake George Beach Club. Paesan’s Pizza has locations in Latham, Rensselaer, Albany, and Guilderland, and the Lake George restaurant sells Paesan’s popular pizzas.
Speaking of the Lake George Beach Club (and summer music!), don’t forget that they have live shows happening almost every day of the week through August. See their upcoming schedule >>
- Glens Falls Chronicle (print edition): Pinnacle new parking lot, new trail update
- The Post Star: Lake George BBQ and Blues Festival coming in August
- WNYT NewsChannel 13: “Tipping It Forward” to support wait staff