Browse events coming up this week into next, see what’s new from the Lake George Arts Project, and check out a new website that chronicles a particular industry in the Lake George region.
Live Entertainment. Delicious Food. Educational Fun for Kids.
Check out what’s happening, mark your calendars:
- Lake George Community Band Concert & Thursday Night Fireworks: July 15 (and other dates)
- Thursday Market & Food Truck Corral in Glens Falls: July 15 (and other dates)
- Racing City Chorus at Shepard Park: July 16
- A Taste of Diamond Point: July 17
- Plein Air Event & Benefit Art Sale for Wiawaka House: July 17
- Hug-A-Tree: Survival Skills for Kids at Up Yonda Farm: July 19
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – Slow Food: July 20 – 25
- Across the Pond at Shepard Park: July 20
- Lake George Association’s Floating Classroom: July 21
- Take a Bite in Glens Falls: July 21 (and other dates)
- Caribbean Sound at Shepard Park: July 21
- Adirondack Theatre Festival – Cinderella Goes Disco: July 22 – 24
- Smoke Eaters Jamboree in Warrensburg: July 23 – 24
It May Rain This Weekend: Here’s What To Do
If you end up getting rained out of your weekend plans, here are a few suggestions:
The Courthouse Gallery: The Lake George Arts Project has a new exhibition open as of July 14, the End of Eden, a solo exhibition of paintings by Glens Falls native Laura Colomb. The Courthouse Gallery is located at the side entrance of the Old County Courthouse, on the corner of Canada and Lower Amherst Streets. The gallery is open 12pm to 5pm on Friday and 12pm to 4pm Saturday.
The Candy Space: The new space-themed candy store that allows you to launch a rocket full of goodies into “space” is open daily from 10am to 8pm and they’re located at the outlets.
The Fun Spot: In addition to mini golf and go-karts outdoors, The Fun Spot in Queensbury offers indoor laser tag, roller skating, and more. Indoor attractions are open 11am to 9pm Saturday, and 11am to 5:30pm Sunday.
2 Fun Newsy Tidbits With Historical Fun & the Opening of Krantz Cottage
A New Website Chronicles the History of Lodging in Warren County
Warren County Planning & Community Development has put together a new website that celebrates the longstanding tourism industry in Warren County. Learn all about and see photos of early lodges and hotels of the County that date back to the early 1800s, such as Wing’s Tavern; Wing’s Tavern was the first known lodge in the County, and had three different names before it was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1864.
Check it out here: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/f74116c5401b4052ad6c6f08d1146f39
Krantz Cottage Officially Opens, Will Welcome First Family This Weekend
The long-talked about and planned Krantz Cottage, the first family retreat to belong to Ronald McDonald House Charities, celebrated a grand opening yesterday, July 14. Over 100 local businesses donated gift certificates to ensure the families staying at the retreat can make the most of their stay. The first family is expected to arrive for their getaway this weekend.
- The Post Star: Krantz Cottage in Lake George officially opens