Let’s face it, when you’re planning your Lake George Vacation, there are A LOT of lodging options for you to choose from. Big, small, on the lake, in the Village, cabins, hotels, inns, oh my! Fear not, though, I’m about to narrow it way way down for you. Next time you’re coming to visit, you should definitely consider Chelka Lodge and here are five reasons why:
1. Chelka Lodge is the only resort on Lake George where every Motel and Efficiency Unit has a direct, unobstructed view of Lake George.
For me, nothing says “vacation” like being able to wake up in the morning and watch the sun rising over the water. At Chelka Lodge, you won’t have to worry about your windows facing a parking lot or a neighboring resort – just relax and enjoy your stunning, clear view of the lake.
2. Chelka Lodge is an intimate resort featuring only 15 units on 4 acres of land with 400 feet of lakefront and a private, sandy beach.
Staying somewhere with only 15 units means that you won’t be fighting over beach space with hundreds of other people, and you’ll actually be able to spread out and enjoy your time! You can also take advantage of activities like basketball, ping pong, shuffleboard, and fishing while you’re there.
3. All non-motorized watercraft (row boats, canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards) are available to guests at no cost.
That’s right, no rental fees! If you want to kayak, go kayak. If you want to try paddleboarding, go try paddleboarding! It’s your vacation – have a great time without opening your wallet.
4. A light breakfast is included in-season in a beautiful Adirondack-style room with a full view of the lake.
Again, keep your wallet in your pocket! Enjoy fresh-baked muffins, breads, scones, hot and cold cereals, fruit, and beverages in the beautifully renovated Adirondack Lodge while you take in the gorgeous scenery and plan out your day.
5. Chelka Lodge is rated by TripAdvisor as one of the top hotels in Bolton Landing because of its convenience to the excitement of Lake George Village AND to the serenity of the quaint village of Bolton Landing PLUS its superior level of comfort, service, and cleanliness.
Staying at Chelka Lodge truly gives you the best of both worlds with the ideal assortment of amenities and comforts. You’re close enough to Lake George Village to take advantage of all of the activities and dining options there, but you’re also far enough away to be able to enjoy peace and quiet. And if you’ve never explored Bolton Landing, trust me, it’s deserving of your attention!
Clearly, Chelka Lodge has everything you’re looking for in a Lake George Resort and more – we know you’ll love it as much as we do! Learn more about Chelka Lodge and book your stay today.