Lake George’s Million Dollar Beach is set to undergo some changes in the upcoming years. With the official first week of summer underway, the plans to bring more people in are underway as well.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation held a press conference on Monday in front of Million Dollar Beach announcing the changes that they have planned for this landmark.
All of these reform efforts are believed to help the local economy and attract more people to the Lake George area. The changes to come will aim to give beach-goers and boaters more convenience and a better experience at the lake.
Some of the changes that will take place are:
- Ability to launch boats the entire season
- Moving the boat launch to the East side of the river so it is not in the way of swimmers
- New boat washing system
- Parking lot reconstruction
- Beach road reconstruction to improve the traffic flow
- Improve the road’s runoff into the lake by using porous asphalt
The final product of Million Dollar Beach should be done by Memorial Day of 2015.
What changes are you most excited about?