Pember Nature Preserve Programs & Walks: Winter - Schoolhouse
2021 Programs & Walks at the Pember Nature Preserve
There will be summer programs and walks at the Preserve every second and fourth Sunday of the month. The schoolhouse/nature center will be open beginning Sunday, June 6, from 9am to 2pm, and open on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am to 12:30pm. The preserve is open dawn to dusk year-round. Stop in for a map, preserve information, or program kits!
Due to the size of the nature center, there will be a limit of four registrants for programs, however, each program will have two sessions: 10am to 11:30am and 12pm to 1:30pm. Masks will be required for unvaccinated registrants. Cleaning will take place before and after each session. Registration is required by calling the museum at 518.642.1515. Programs are geared towards first graders and up. Adults are welcome.
- June 13: Bird Migration
- June 27: Wildflowers
- July 11: Birds & Bees Pollination
- July 25: Marsh With Pond Study - South Grimes Hill
- August 8: Butterflies & More Pollination
- August 22: Mammals of New York - Tracks & Trails
- September 12: Fungus & Ferns - South Grimes Hill
- September 26: Fall Trees - Schoolhouse
- October 24: Hibernation Walks
- November 14: Shin-rin Yoku - South Grimes Hill
- December 13: Winter - Schoolhouse
*Each event date has programs happening from 10am to 11:30am, and 12pm to 1:30pm.