Hike for Hope: Benefiting Open Door Mission
Hike for Hope August 7 - 9, 2020
Calling all families, businesses, and neighbors! With COVID-19 affecting fundraisers, Open Door Mission is thinking outside the box. They're excited to introduce a new and fun opportunity for you to help them meet the needs of the community while enjoying the beautiful outdoors.
Join them to Hike for Hope on August 7, 8, or 9 - you choose the date! You also choose the location. Pick a favorite spot of yours, or choose from the following recommended hikes from the Adirondack Mountain Club.
- Inman Pond (2.7 miles, 344 feet) - Lake George
- Potash Mountain (2.8 miles, 1,000 feet) - Lake Luzerne (featured in Kids on the Trail! Hiking With Children in the Adirondacks book)
- Shelving Rock Falls (3 miles, 718 feet) - Lake George (has a waterfall up the road from the trailhead for an additional mile roundtrip)
- Hadley Mountain (3.4 miles, 1,500 feet) - Stony Creek, part of the Fire Tower Challenge
- Sleeping Beauty (6.8 miles, 1,300 feet) (if you heave from Day Clearing Road it's about 4 miles roundtrip) - Lake George
- Cat and Thomas (9 miles, 1700 feet) - Riverbank, can also be reduced to just Cat (great view) or Thomas for a shorter day
Fundraising Kit Details
Sign up to participate and you'll receive a Hike for Hope Fundraising Kit.
Included in the kit:
- Recommended hikes
- Entry for door prizes from sponsors
- A list of #Hashtags and graphics to post on social media
- Simple steps to promote your fundraising
- Ideas you can use to fundraise for the hike
For those who raise $50 you'll receive a commemorative water bottle. For those who raise $150, you'll receive a commemorative tee. Everyone will receive a small gift.