Don't miss is -- Sat, June 2, 10 am - 2 pm at the LGA.
All these experts in ONE PLACE, at ONE TIME, ready with lots of ideas on:
- Stormwater management (do you have flooding or erosion problems?)
- Septic systems (is yours not working well? small lot size? high bedrock?)
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling (want to save money while saving the environment?)
- Permeable pavers and pavement (new ways to create driveways, walks and patios that are beautiful for both your home and for water quality)
- Native plants, rain gardens, shoreline buffers and rain barrels
- Green products for your home, boat and garden -- environmentally-friendly cleaners, motor oil, deck stain and more!
Plus.. there will be FUN LEARNING ACTIVITIES for the kids. An EM River Model will be on display. Kids can experiment with water and "soil" to see how the changes they make along the river affect the volume and direction of the flow and erosion.
Tour the LGA's brand new demonstration gardens, check out our two patches of permeable pavement, and see our geo-thermal heating and cooling system.
See our newly seeded ECO-LAWN. Eco-lawn seed claims to be the ultimate low maintenance lawn seed -- so we are testing it out right here at the LGA to see how it works. According to the package instructions, ECO-LAWN:
- Requires no fertilizer or chemicals;
- Forms a dense turf under extreme conditions;
- Is drought tolerant;
- Thrives in full sun, part shade and even deep shade; and
- Reduces mowing time or allows you to NOT MOW at all!
Cornell Cooperative Extension
Fiddlehead Creek Nursery
Green Conscious Home & Garden
Green Planet Products
Lake Champlain Lake George Regional Planning Board
North Country Landscaping
Puraflo Alternative Septic Systems
Smart Energy Geo-thermal
The Sweeney Company
We hope to see you there!!!