Bolton Landing, New York is a charming town located in the Adirondacks along the shores of Lake George. The region is full of natural beauty and four seasons of fun, from lake activities to mountain hiking and more.
Because of its prime location and quiet community, Bolton Landing plays host to a wide array of upscale neighborhoods, luxury accommodations and fine dining venues. Bolton Landing real estate is a hot commodity, and tourists frequent the town, making it a popular vacation destination as well.
Bolton Landing allows easy access to Lake George for an array of activities. On a sunny afternoon, head to one of the two public beaches for swimming. Rent a boat and put in at the Bolton Landing Marina, close to the Narrows on Lake George (formerly Lamb Brothers Marina). See the sights and enjoy an afternoon swimming and waterskiing on the lake. Enjoy some of the best fishing around - the lake offers some of the best land-locked salmon and lake trout in the Northeast. Go golfing at one of the many courses around, including the Sagamore Golf Course designed by Donald Ross in 1928, offering spectacular views of the mountains and lake.
On a crisp autumn weekend, a hike up Cat Mountain or Sleeping Beauty might be just what the doctor ordered. Or, enjoy the popular 25 mile Tongue Mountain trail system. Get your heart pumping and enjoy Adirondack plant and wildlife along the way. The views from the summit are incredibly rewarding! Find more Adirondack Mountain hiking tips and trails.
Some of the BEST activities the southern Adirondacks area has to offer, you can find in Bolton Landing. Below are a few of our favorite activities and adventures you MUST try on your next trip to the region.
- Go shopping! There are many unique, one-of-a-kind shops in the town of Bolton, perfect for spending an afternoon shopping from boutique to boutique!
- Take a chartered cruise! There's nothing like floating among the mountains on a crystal lake.
- Experience an extreme adventure! Great for adults and kids of all ages, have fun while you zip, swing, balance and climb to overcome challenging courses. There's nothing else like it around, and it's only in Bolton Landing!
- Discover butterflies! Take the kids to marvel and explore a hands-on Adirondack butterfly farm that you'll find only in Bolton Landing!
- Rent a powerboat! Experience a thrilling ride as you zoom around the lake, exploring, fishing, sunbathing or doing whatever your heart desires.
- Learn to kayak! It's a great way to get back to nature and relax.
- Love horses? Visit the nearby riding stables and hoof it around the Adirondacks!
Add some excitement to those sleepy winter days by blazing through winding trails on a snowmobile or skiing down the snowy slopes of the Adirondacks. Go cross country skiing or snowshoeing along groomed ski trails in the Bolton Landing region. You can even enjoy ice fishing, or attend a major ice fishing tournament here!
No matter the season, Bolton Landing, New York offers a wealth of activity and provides some of the most stunning scenery in the region. In summer, take in the breathtaking views of the shimmering waters of the lake surrounded by the towering silhouette peaks of the Adirondacks. Don't forget, Bolton is just minutes from popular attractions including Six Flags Great Escape, steamboat cruises, parasailing and more! In winter, enjoy a winter wonderland when a sparkling blanket of freshly fallen snow covers the lofty evergreen trees and cloaks the high peaks. Come enjoy the beauty of Bolton Landing!
More of Bolton Landing